9.21.2009

One Writer's Quest to Unearth the 'Twitterverse'


Last Spring, everyone was abuzz about the new Twitter craze; well, at least the media was. The new vocabulary that Twitter had generated left me completely confused -- what the hell was a tweet? -- so I decided to investigate. After creating an account and spending a couple of weeks reading Twitter guides on sites such as Mashable, I decided I knew enough to write an article for the Tripod where I was the Features editor. For those of you in the class who are completely confused, check out the article (I also posted it here on an experimental blog that contains links to some of the information I collected). Bear in mind that Twitter really is whatever you make of it. Also, no one cares that you have been reading some article or watching some movie for hours. Readers want to be able to engage with the people they follow on Twitter: USE LINKS.

Take a look at Persephone's Twitter Stats

No comments:

Post a Comment